Wednesday, June 4, 2008

No room For Shoes


Wow. I think I am the worst blogger out there. Content is dry and superfluous. I do apologize, it almost makes me wonder what I was blogging for.
Taking a trip in March gave me reason. Travis and I went to Singapore, and from that trip I planned to revamp my blog with a plethora of photos and stories.
Hah! Do I ever have some stories. Mostly good. Mostly eventful. None that I will forget anytime soon. Most notably on the first night of our first full day I broke my leg. Most of you reading this know me well enough that even if you don't know the whole story I'm sure you can picture this happening and don't have to ask. *sigh*
My most expensive souvenir happen to be a plate fit just for my fibula and 8 shiny screws. I got screwed in Singapore and didn't even get a lousy shirt. But I did get some X-rays and if scanning them works Ill try and get the more graphic ones on here. It's really is something to see. I personally have never broken anything major(the comment at the beginning is in regards to my 'luck'), and never have been able to see my X-rays. Keeping them is awesome! The Dr's here were pretty "wow-ed" as well..... that could be good or bad.

I have had some time of my hands, and now feel calm, compiled, and motivated enough to update this page with some new and hopefully more interesting stuff.
Pictures of Singapore will be going up here, but I will be making a separate entry for those, as well as our time spent in Lombok. Both places deserve their own page and amount of time to discuss as I was completely blown away.

Since being home and now thankfully only having to use a cane and cast to walk around, I am able to spend more time with what relaxes me, my plants!!! I have some new pictures to add in that area too!! I have some new orchids that I am extremely proud of. They were grown in tiny little novelty flasks and I have broken them out and replanted them into closed glass containers. I have had them since March and am documenting their progress, I can't wait to see how many I get and what varieties of color. These things are so exciting the anticipation is killing me. I am impressed though that they are even still alive. De-flasking something requires a light hand, you don't want to break the plant but you have to break the glass that surrounds the plant....

Since March this has been life. I could go into the details of the broken leg, the trauma that it has caused, the depression that I feel some days, the strength it took me to get out of bed and use crutches, but then I would be forgetting the Monkey's that I feed in their environment, not the Zoo, I would be forgetting the people that I had met in Lombok, the Orchids hanging from trees, the time spent with my family, and most importantly, that its just a leg, and I didn't loose it, I broke it, I'm not the only one, and at some point life does have to go on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently had surgery for a tib/fib fracture and it has turned my life upside down as I am sure you know and it seems like you are so easygoing about it and over the fact that it effects your day to day life in every aspect. How are you feeling? Does the pain and swelling ever go away? Feel free to email me while I am still layes up at home,Dave.

Dre said...

well I try to be laid back about most things or I may be convinced this life is trying to get me down... :)
would love to email just leave me your address as apparently I am not allowed to see your profile... how serious of you :)

Anonymous said...

HAHA I am sorry about that,tippytop100@gmail.com