Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Aquatic Adventure

There is a brand new baby beluga at the Vancouver Aquarium. 15 days old today, it is a female I believe ( I was too in awe to pay attention) and was soooooooooooo cute!
We were taken below the aquarium into the under water view area where everyone had to be extremely quite so that the sound would not travel through the glass and effect the babies environment, as well all flash on cameras has to be turned off, as well as cell phones.
So, the only thing I didn't take pictures of was the baby beluga, cause I don't know how the turn off my flash, and I couldn't ask anyone cause we had to be super quiet... LOL.
Today I'm reading my manual so next time this won't be an issue.
All the same, the baby was so incredible to see so close up. Beautiful, I am happy I got to see it, as I dont think Ill be swimming in the artic any time soon.
I am thankful for Zoo's, Aquariums and wildlife preserves for these purposes only. I wouldnt be able to learn and see the two together at the same time any other way. It maybe selfish, but I try to be as respectful as possible while visiting.
Other highlights? The Otters,(I want ten atleast), the Seals ( I have video) the Dolphins, some frogs that were perfectly posed, as well as some Jelly fish, a cute fish with funny teeth... Rene Zelweger fish *teehee*,
and last but NOT least, my friends the Sloth's. Oh wow, I *heart* the sloths, I was brought right back to my child hood, and all the wonderful memories of being with my parents and just having a really good time.
All in all this was a weekend I won't soon forget.


















No comments: