Friday, June 27, 2008

No News is never good news


The time is now



This is just another example of how helpless this world makes me feel sometimes.


What can I do about this? I dont own a car, I dont burn coal, I have enough plants in our home to counter act the CO2 I think we create. We use energy efficent lighting. Our hydro bills are $50/3months of use. I recycle what I can, and would compost, if it didnt mean having to do it in my home. I use public transit to the best of my ability, and I own a bike. What more can I do?
This is only one of the thousands of issuses I stumble across daily being on the internet. When being global becomes a problem. I now have too much information.
Last week I stumbled upon a facebook group that brought me to tears. They had a video showing people in China beating animals to a state of shock before skinning them alive. Their argument is that the animals (in this case weasels) have small enough brains that they dont realize what is happening, and if they are still alive, it is easier to get the fur off, making for nicer looking coats.
This made me throw up in my mouth a little, and not in the Ben Stiller tight silver spandex way either.


Its time to go back to work, so maybe some day I can be in a place where I can make a difference on a global level. We are all responsible, and in my opinion the time is Now!



1 comment:

ExpandForFree said...

Would you like your blog to gain more popularity? Please visit my blog at expandforfree.blogspot.com, which provides a free Blog Expansion service.