Monday, July 7, 2008

I know there was a surface free some where in here.....





For the last three years, it seems I have been on the hunt for the perfect plant... or the last plant.... and Ive always wonder which plant would be the last.
Several Orchids have taken that title...
"I promise Trav, this will be the last one".
There was a palm tree in the spring that I swo
re up and down would be the last plant I would bring home... it was four feet tall with ten or more fronds, and plenty more to come out.......






Since working at the flower shop, I have seen
many a plant come and go.
To have all of these wonderful beauties flo
at by my eyes has been a gift and curse all at the same time.
I now collect plant books, plant medium, plant fertilizer, plant water meters, I could go on.
I have special watering containers even....
And for those unaware, I live in a one bedroom apartment.



Why the addiction? Why the craziness? Because I can't collect Panda's. It's China's fault. I only wanted one!

Alright, maybe I can't blame this nutti
ness on China. But I did start my plant collection with pieces of "bamboo" which are really dracena's. Panda doesn't eat the commercially sold, attractively perfect lucky bamboo that is so popular these days. And really easy to grow.



But this new plant has taken the cake. I think it is a dracena of some sort. I have no idea how old it is, and I don't know where it came from originally, I just happened to be in the right place at the time and it has now come into my possession
what do you think?? !!! HA!


No comments: